About Our Family Law Practice
At the Law Offices of Shawn H. Smith, we understand how emotionally draining family legal problems can be on our clients. We want you to know that we are here for you. Our Greeley and Fort Collins family law attorneys compassionately and skillfully handle family law issues involving divorce and child-related matters.
Why Choose Our Northern Colorado Family Law Firm?
There is nothing more important than family. If you have a family law issue such as divorce or a child custody dispute, then you’ll want to resolve it as efficiently as possible. At the Law Offices of Shawn H. Smith, our family lawyers in Fort Collins and Greeley can help you with any matter related to family law. Here’s why you should consider choosing us to be your representatives:
Experience And Expertise
There are numerous family lawyers out there, but not all of them have the relevant skills and expertise. Our Fort Collins family attorney has over a decade of experience in settling custody disputes, overseeing family mediation, navigating the divorce process and much more. There is no substitute for experience, and our legal team can offer you that.
Reputation And Reviews
All lawyers can claim to be great at what they do. However, the proof is in what clients have to say. As a Fort Collins family attorney, the Law Offices of Shawn H. Smith has helped numerous families with their legal issues. Attorney Shawn Smith is also a top-rated lawyer in Northern Colorado and has been listed as a top 100 trial lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers.
Negotiation And Litigation Skills
Many issues are handled best through negotiation or mediation, especially when the goal is to preserve interpersonal relationships for the future. In other cases, litigation is the only real option. Attorney Shawn Smith takes a tailored approach to every case, always keeping your goals in mind.
Strategic And Client-Centric Approach
No two legal situations are identical, and the Law Offices of Shawn H. Smith understands this. We believe that family lawyers in Fort Collins and Greeley should take an empathetic approach to representation and try to identify your specific needs. If you want to take a more collaborative approach, then we can prepare you for this. At the same time, if you expect a highly contentious family law case, we will fight in your corner and assert your rights.
Shawn H. Smith has over a decade of proven legal experience in family law matters. He has helped men and women throughout northern Colorado in cases involving:
- Divorce and legal separation: Mr. Smith will guide you through the Colorado divorce or legal separation process, answering your questions and helping you understand your legal rights. He will work to help you obtain fair and favorable outcomes regarding all child custody and parenting time matters.
- Division of property; spousal maintenance or alimony
- High net worth divorce: As a skilled litigator and negotiator, Mr. Smith can guide clients through complex property division and divorces involving business and professional practices. Often, he is called upon to negotiate settlements regarding retirement plans and to investigate potential hidden assets.
- Modification and enforcement of court orders: Our Fort Collins family law practice will make sure that your case is accurately presented to the court and any special circumstances are considered during the determination of your child support order. We can also assist you with seeking child support modifications, child custody modifications or relocation.
- Parent and nonbiological parent rights: When you are wondering about your parental rights, the Law Offices of Shawn H. Smith can help you. Our firm represents biological and nonbiological (psychological) parents in paternity, surrogacy and custody matters.
- Adoptions: The Law Offices of Shawn H. Smith is a reliable source of support for individuals and couples, including stepparents and grandparents, who are seeking to adopt children.
- Fathers’ rights, mothers’ rights and grandparents’ rights.
- Family law mediation: As an alternative to litigation, mediation can keep family matters private.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements to prevent future problems over asset ownership and more.