About Our Family Law Practice
At the Law Offices of Shawn H. Smith, we understand how emotionally draining family legal problems can be on our clients. We want you to know that we are here for you. Our Greeley and Fort Collins family law attorneys compassionately and skillfully handle family law issues involving divorce and child-related matters.
Shawn H. Smith has over a decade of proven legal experience in family law matters. He has helped men and women throughout northern Colorado in cases involving:
- Divorce and legal separation: Mr. Smith will guide you through the Colorado divorce or legal separation process, answering your questions and helping you understand your legal rights. He will work to help you obtain fair and favorable outcomes regarding all child custody and parenting time matters.
- Division of property; spousal maintenance or alimony
- High net worth divorce: As a skilled litigator and negotiator, Mr. Smith can guide clients through complex property division and divorces involving business and professional practices. Often, he is called upon to negotiate settlements regarding retirement plans and to investigate potential hidden assets.
- Modification and enforcement of court orders: Our Fort Collins family law practice will make sure that your case is accurately presented to the court and any special circumstances are considered during the determination of your child support order. We can also assist you with seeking child support modifications, child custody modifications or relocation.
- Parent and nonbiological parent rights: When you are wondering about your parental rights, the Law Offices of Shawn H. Smith can help you. Our firm represents biological and nonbiological (psychological) parents in paternity, surrogacy and custody matters.
- Adoptions: The Law Offices of Shawn H. Smith is a reliable source of support for individuals and couples, including stepparents and grandparents, who are seeking to adopt children.
- Fathers’ rights, mothers’ rights and grandparents’ rights.
- Family law mediation: As an alternative to litigation, mediation can keep family matters private.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements to prevent future problems over asset ownership and more.