When High Assets Will Be Included In A Divorce
In divorces involving complex marital estates, retaining an attorney who knows how to help you protect your assets is critical to your case results. For over a decade, Shawn H. Smith has effectively represented Colorado business owners, professionals and other individuals in complex, high net worth divorce cases.
Vigorously Working To Protect Your Assets In Your Complex Colorado Divorce Case
At the Law Offices of Shawn H. Smith, we understand that asset protection is often one of the top priorities in high net worth divorce cases. With this in mind, we will work with you to learn about your property division goals, ultimately helping you understand how state laws will affect your case, as well as to what you are entitled during your divorce.
Often, our complex divorce clients come to us with questions regarding their rights and obligations around their property and assets, including businesses, life insurance policies, pensions, retirement plans and other business and personal property.
Family law lawyer Shawn H. Smith will meet with you during a personal consultation to discuss those important factors of your divorce case, including:
- Identifying marital and separate property
- Division of long-term accounts such as 401(k)s, pensions, IRAs and life insurance
- Spousal maintenance/alimony matters
- Obtaining thorough and accurate business valuations
- Reviewing prenuptial agreements and ensuring terms are followed
- Child support issues related to high income
- Identifying divorce tax issues
- Investigating possible hidden assets
The legal steps we help you take today will affect your future, which is why we are determined to educate you about your legal rights and options, allowing you to make strategic legal decisions regarding your divorce.