Shawn H. Smith
Shawn Smith's practice is focused solely on family law, including divorce, child custody and support, and complex property division issues.
Shawn graduated from St. Mary's School of Law in San Antonio, Texas. While attending St. Mary's, Shawn received the Dean's Scholarship, made the Dean's list for being in the top ten percent of his class, and wrote for the law journal. Prior to law school, Shawn attended St. Edward's University in Austin Texas, graduating Summa Cum Laude with a degree in political science.
Upon graduating from law school, Shawn immediately began to build a litigation-based practice. As a young lawyer, he cut his teeth in the Bexar District and County Courts in San Antonio, Texas, pursuing every opportunity available to become a better trial attorney. His first trial was a family law case, and that is where his focus remains today.
Shawn is a zealous advocate for the families that he represents. He will tirelessly fight to ensure that your rights are protected. He knows the law and how to best position his cases for success throughout the litigation process.
In his free time, Shawn enjoys spending time with his family, practicing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and playing music.
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- St. Edward’s University
- Major: Political Science
- State of Colorado Family Law Section
- Larimer County, Colorado, Bar Association
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- San Antonio Bar Association, Family Law Section
- San Antonio Bar Association, Technology Section
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- Family Law & Divorce
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2016-2020
- Rising Legal Star, S.A. Scene magazine, 2015
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers, 2014, 2015