Divorce With Your Long-Term Interests In Mind
Ending your marriage will likely be one of the most difficult decisions you will make in your life. At the Law Offices of Shawn H. Smith, we will help guide you through the Colorado divorce process, making sure your transition to the next chapter of your life goes as smoothly as possible.
Helping You Make A Smooth Transition To The Next Chapter In Your Life
Based in Fort Collins and Greeley, we offer Colorado residents the benefits of over a decade of family law experience. Our legal advice and representation encompass all types of divorces, including:
- Simple, uncontested divorce
- Military divorce
- High-conflict contested divorce
- High-asset divorce
- Grey divorce
Colorado is a no-fault divorce state. Unlike fault-based states, which may require a spouse to prove wrongdoing in a marriage in order to obtain a divorce, the only thing a spouse must show in Colorado is that the marriage is irretrievably broken.
For many of our clients at the Law Offices of Shawn H. Smith, divorce creates a whirlwind of strong emotions and practical issues to sort out. We recognize the emotional and financial challenges you are facing. Our Larimer County and Weld County divorce attorneys can assist you with:
- Property division, including real estate, vehicles and bank accounts
- Protecting your 401K and other retirement accounts
- Property division for owners of professional practices and other types of businesses
- Spousal maintenance or alimony
- Child custody and visitation (parenting time)
- Child support, including modifications and enforcement
We understand that every client’s needs are different. When you consult our firm, Sam H. Smith will meet with you during friendly and private consultations to learn about your case and address any concerns you have. He is committed to helping you take legal steps that will serve your best interests now and in the future.